- Boil water to 100˚C or 212˚F, preferably with soft or spring water.
- Take 7 grams of tea leaves out from the center of the concave side of tea cake, using the tea needle provided.
- Place the leaves in the teapot (250mL).
- The first 2-3 steeps are to wash away dust and to expand the leaves. For each steep, pour boiling water into teapot, and strain after 10 seconds.
- Starting from 3-4 steeps, pour boiling water into teapot and strain after 5 seconds. For each subsequent steep, increase the infusion time by 1 second or estimate by the colour of tea (ensure same intensity as the first 5 steeps). Enjoy your pu-erh!
Note: the exact volumes and weight are approximate. The brewing of pu-erh tea is arbitrary and based on personal preferences, this should just serve as a general guideline.